Tuesday, September 14, 2010

MORNING

Made another of those pre-dawn visits to the beach. Here are some photos of what I got to enjoy. I may be in danger of becoming a morning person!-----Tempting, but nah.

I wasn't sure as I drove to the beach that there would be much of a sunrise. The sky was filled with dark bands of clouds. But in the end, it was the clouds that were the stars of the morning.

Sunrise over the Sound

There was an eerie yellow-orange glow to the sky as the sun made an appearance.


The clouds lit up as the sun rose higher in the sky.

Looking west, the light was lovely.


Sand Dunes to the west.


As I drove home, the Gulf waters were deeply colored against the bright blue of the sky and the clouds. A lovely morning.



8 comments:

  1. WOW!
    You've captured the awesome moods of our locale!
    Hey if you're looking for art events- Gallery Night is Friday, I'll have a display at the Little Theatre, across from the Museum of Art. Also our annual plein-air reception is the next Fri. at the Wright Place, 5pm! Come see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could publish a coffee table book of photos. So, so! beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Cathy are both in danger of becoming morning persons!! I haven't fallen into that trap just yet, although I have gotten up at 5:30 to go bird watching two days out of the last four days!!!

    Wonderful shots, though. You keep that up and I may have to see what the fuss is all about for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill: I'm hoping to be at Gallery Night. Unfortunately, the following Friday I'm away. Hope the reception is successful.

    Ciel: A coffee table book! I'm flattered. Thank you.

    FFG: Don't think I'll make a habit of these predawn jaunts, but I've enjoyed them when I do them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a show-off! But after what your coast has been through, I'm glad you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved them all (of course) but the last one was so unexpected it just knocked my socks off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, gorgeous, lovely photos!
    Wow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all. I just love these early morning jaunts. This really is a special place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.