Sunday, May 9, 2010

SAY A LITTLE PRAYER


It is a curious situation that the sea, from which life first arose, should now be threatened by the activities of one form of that life.  ~Rachel Carson


As the days go on and the oil spewing out into the Gulf is left uncapped, tensions and anxieties are running high here in the Panhandle. Say a little prayer that a solution is found soon before our beautiful beaches and wildlife and marine life are destroyed. Remember all of our citizens that may lose their jobs and businesses because of this tragedy.


(Photos from archives--in better days.)


Sugar sand and emerald water

Clear waters


Female Kemp Ripley coming ashore to lay her eggs and a baby Kemp Ripley making its way to the Gulf.


Great Blue Heron at Ft. Pickens

Brown Pelican at De Luna Park

And of course, beautiful sunsets reflected on a clear, clean bay.

6 comments:

  1. My heart is breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm holding my breath...and hoping and praying for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Businesses and wildlife...

    I don't pray but I do keep my fingers crossed. We've had many an oil disaster on our coasts, they are terrible. And still we drive cars and still we fly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH: So is mine. Keep good thoughts for us.

    Sharon: Yeah, it's going to be a while before we all exhale.

    Ciel: Crossed fingers works for me. Thanks. It's true. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies. When will we learn?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don’t know what to say about this disaster. I am shocked and very sorry that I cannot do anything else but to pray and hope that God will solve what man is able to destroy but isn’t able to solve or fix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, Meda. It's really heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.