Monday, January 4, 2010

1492


"The crew of the caravel "Nina" also saw signs of land, and a small branch covered with berries. Everyone breathed afresh and rejoiced at these signs."  ~Christopher Columbus


Sunday we went to see the replicas of the caravels ther Nina and the Pinta in Pensacola. They were berthed at Palafox Pier on the ends of two finger piers. Unfortunately by the time we arrived, the sun was in ther worse possible position for photo taking. To get the sun to my back, I would have had to be able to walk on water--very cold and very deep water. So while we enjoyed touring the ships and talking with members of the crew, I came away with only a few decent pictures.




THE NINA AND THE PINTA



















8 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. I would love to visit them too. All of the photos are great but I really like the last one. Very cool processing.

    Love your heading photo. Is it new?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy. My son gave me an editing program for Christmas and I've been experimenting. It'll take me quite a while to learn to use all that the program offers. But I'm having fun. And yes the banner photo is new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it frustrating when that happens? Nevertheless, you got some cool shots with vibrant colors. I enjoyed your field trip vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are beautiful! We had a really hard time getting good shots because of the sun as well.
    I love the compass shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great but I musn't show them to my boyfriend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciel: Okay, you have me curious. Why can't your boyfriend see the photos??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it can be very frustrating when the sun isn’t in a good position for photo taking. This post is beautiful; full of details. But the first photo I like the most and the last one which looks like painting. Effective processing, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Native American. But not that bad! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.